(BISMARCK, ND) – On the 83rd anniversary of the Social Security Act, here’s a look back at the times Kevin Cramer has supported cutting or endangering Social Security, earning him a lifetime score of nine percent from the Alliance for Retired Americans. In contrast, Senator Heitkamp has a lifetime score of ninety percent. Between his signals to gut Social Security – and Medicare – it’s clear Cramer’s anti-senior agenda is wrong for North Dakota.
- Cramer claimed not touching Social Security was “good to campaign on, but it’s hard to do.”
- Cramer suggested raising the retirement age.
- Cramer has advocated for altering Social Security for folks 50 years of age and younger.
- Cramer called for “maybe a little means testing” for Social Security.
- Cramer would not commit to protecting Social Security or Medicare from cuts in order to deal with the debt created by tax reform.
- Cramer has supported privatizing Social Security.
- Cramer voted against protecting Social Security from a government shutdown.
It’s no wonder Cramer is hurriedly trying to paper over his record of support for gutting Social Security in an election year.