BISMARCK, ND — With Election Day days away, members of the press are invited to schedule Election Night interviews in advance. While the Dem-NPL is not planning an in-person watch party because of the pandemic, candidates and party officials will be available to press in person and through video calls in Bismarck and in Fargo. Arrangements for interviews with legislative candidates may also be made individually.
Due to the increase in mail-in ballots, which must be postmarked by November 2, but can be received before the official canvass on November 9, some races may not have a clear winner on Election Night. The same goes for the national election, which has vote-by-mail counting deadlines that vary by state. It is possible that we may not have a clear presidential nominee on the evening of November 3 or even the morning of November 4. Throughout most of United States history, we did not know who won the presidency on the night ballots were cast.
Election Day breaking news or emergency media requests for the Dem-NPL should be directed to Communications Director Alex Rohr.
- Dem-NPL statewide candidates will gather in Bismarck. Media may attend starting at 6:45 p.m. Masks are required and physical distancing will be practiced. Please RSVP to schedule interviews.
- Dr. Shelley Lenz for Governor
- Ben Vig for Lt. Governor
- Zach Raknerud for Congress
- Mark Haugen for Treasurer
- Patrick Hart for Auditor
- Casey Buchmann for Public Service Commission
- The Democratic-NPL Party Chairwoman Kylie Oversen, House Minority Leader Josh Boschee, and Rep. Karla Rose Hanson will be available for interviews starting at 6:30 p.m. at Red River Coffee in Fargo. Masks are required and physical distancing will be practiced RSVP required. No walk-in interviews allowed.
- The Democratic-NPL Party Executive Director Michael Taylor and Communications Director Alex Rohr will be at the Kennedy Center in Bismarck, and also available for interviews throughout the day.
- If you need assistance connecting with legislative candidates, contact Alex Rohr at [email protected]