BISMARCK, ND — The North Dakota Democratic Presidential Primary will be held one week from today. Voting began with mail-in ballots starting Jan. 20. Returned ballots must be postmarked by March 5 in order to be counted.
In-person voting will be held Tuesday, March 10 at 14 locations statewide, and everyone eligible to vote in the Nov. 3 General Election may participate. The Minot caucus location has changed to the IBEW at 125 35th Ave. NE. Find a round-up of relevant information below.
- Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by March 5 to be counted. All ballots postmarked by March 5 will be counted.
- Anyone who has a mail-in ballot, but has not yet mailed it in, may surrender their mail-in ballot at their nearest polling location, in exchange for an in-person ballot.
- The location for the Minot Caucus has been changed to a more accessible location just down the road at the IBEW, 125 35th Ave. NE.
- March 10, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. CST, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. MST.
- All voters qualified to cast a ballot in North Dakota may participate.
- Voters who will be 18 and eligible to vote on November 3 may participate.
- No multiple rounds of voting. Voters sign in, vote, and leave.
- 14 locations: Fargo, Grand Forks, Bismarck, Minot, Williston, Jamestown, Devils Lake, Valley City, Dickinson, Belcourt, Cannonball, New Town, Wahpeton, Fort Totten.
- Voters are not assigned a polling location and may vote at the most convenient location.
- No ID requirement.
- Visit demnpl.com/primary for in-person voting locations and more information.
On the Ballot
- Michael Bennet, Joe Biden, Michael R. Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, John Delaney, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Deval Patrick, Bernie Sanders, Tom Steyer, Elizabeth Warren, Andrew Yang