Ahead of Congressman Cramer’s trade town hall today, here are five fast facts to know about Cramer and the trade war he’s endorsed.
- THE TRADE WAR IS JEOPARDIZING THE LIVELIHOOD OF NORTH DAKOTA’S FARMERS, RANCHERS, AND BUSINESSES: 111,100 JOBS AND OVER $60 MILLION IN EXPORTS ARE THREATENED.
Forum: North Dakota agribusinessman tells Pence he can’t sell enough grain.
Forum: Commentary from 4th generation farmer: Trade wars are economic self-mutilation.
“Agriculture will be the casualty in a trade war. […] The tariffs on steel and aluminum will greatly affect Dakota farmers, especially corn and soybean farmers. […] Trade wars are economic self-mutilation.”
WDAY: ‘We feel like we’re a bargaining chip’: N.D. soybean farmers fear trade war after Trump announces tariffs.
“‘There is no doubt that it will affect our bottom line,’ if there is a trade war, he said. ‘North Dakota is a producing state, not a consuming state, so we need free trade.’”
Bismarck Tribune: North Dakota to lose a lot in trade war.
Grand Forks Herald: North Dakota manufacturers left to weather uncertainty of trade war.
- CRAMER FLIPPED AND FLOPPED AND FLIPPED AGAIN ON THE TRADE WAR, PLAYING GAMES WITH PRODUCERS’ LIVELIHOODS, ALL TO UP HIS POLITICAL CAPITAL WITH WASHINGTON.
Read more on his flip flop here.
- CRAMER IS NOW A RUBBER STAMP FOR THIS DISASTROUS TRADE WAR. IN FACT, HE’S ONE OF ITS BIGGEST CHEERLEADERS – TO THE DETRIMENT OF NORTH DAKOTANS.
Cramer’s campaign said he will “support” the president’s position on the trade war in the Senate.
Cramer encouraged other D.C. politicians to “rally behind the administration[‘s]” trade war.
Bismarck Tribune: LTE: Farmers in state need some loyalty.
“Farmers and ranchers face enough uncertainty with the weather — we don’t need any more caused by politicians in Washington. That’s why along with so many farmers across North Dakota and the nation, I’ve been deeply concerned by the president’s proposed tariffs. […] I was disappointed that Rep. Kevin Cramer has refused to stand up to the president on this issue. I understand that they’re both from the same party — but that shouldn’t stop Cramer from doing what’s right and standing up for North Dakota.”
Forum: Letter: Cramer’s blind allegiance to Trump’s tariffs bad for ND farmers.
“Congressman Kevin Cramer certainly pledges his allegiance to the Trump administration every time I listen to his interviews. Cramer is wrong to embrace the Trump tariffs as they are going to have a serious negative impact on middle America and looking at the economic numbers, we cannot afford a set back. […] Congressman Cramer’s blind allegiance to Trump is letting our farmers and ranchers down.”
- CRAMER HAS REPEATEDLY UNDERESTIMATED THE ECONOMY-KILLING CONSEQUENCES OF THE TRADE WAR, PROVING JUST HOW OUT OF TOUCH HE IS WITH NORTH DAKOTANS.
Amid trade war threats using soybeans as collateral, Cramer claimed it was not all doom and gloom for North Dakota producers.
Cramer dismissed farmers’ concerns over the trade war as “hysteria” and told them they “don’t have a very high pain threshold.”
After Ag Secretary Sonny Perdue said the $12 billion government bailout is “obviously… not going to make farmers whole,” Cramer claimed farmers may not “need all 12 billion [in trade aid], if we need any of it.”
- CRAMER CREATED A SELF-IMPOSED DEADLINE FOR WHEN HE’LL FINALLY STAND UP FOR NORTH DAKOTA AGAINST THIS TRADE WAR: SEPTEMBER.
And he’s got less than a month to go. See the countdown clock here.