The Finance Director is responsible for creating and implementing an annual fundraising plan and coordinating with the staff and State Party in all fundraising activities. They should be skilled in managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously while maintaining a sharp focus on details. They will also coordinate, along with other staff, the major state party events such as convention and fundraisers, and other duties as assigned.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director and collaborates with the entire State Party staff and leadership team.
- Work with staff, consultants, and vendors on a fundraising strategy, including creating and implementing an annual fundraising calendar that comprises digital, direct mail, events, major donor, and other targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and manage strategies geared towards the donor cycle as it relates to acquisition, on-boarding, cultivation/engagement, and retention from donors acquired via all channels, especially digital.
- Work with the Party Chair, Executive Director, and compliance consultant to track income, expenses, and adjust goals, as needed.
- Report income and expenses for all fundraising channels weekly, monthly, and oftentimes daily.
- Direct teams of staff, interns, and volunteers in the planning and execution of events and other fundraising tactics.
- Direct operations for yearly fundraisers and donor appreciation events.
- Draft fundraising and event communications in consultation with the Chair, Executive Director, and elected officials, candidates, initiative campaigns, etc; including regular and multiple weekly fundraising emails, donor reports, electoral reports, social media communications, and direct mail.
- Serve as point of contact for guest speakers, providing briefing documents and talking points, and attending to other special requests.
- Serve as point of contact for prospective and committed event sponsors, including following up on unanswered solicitations, confirming guests, and securing payment.
- Serve as point of contact for venue management and other vendors, such as catering and audiovisual providers. Including determining appropriate room setup orders and timed, detailed event schedules.
- Create a plan for all fundraising components of the State Convention including events and meals, securing prospective sponsors, management of volunteers during events.
- 1-2 years of campaign, state party, or related fundraising experience, including time directing volunteers/staff
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including prospecting new donors through research and cold calls
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Experience in NGP-VAN is preferred but not required
- Online donation and event registration software, such as ActBlue
- Knowledge of state party campaign finance laws and regulations
- Demonstrated success in digital acquisition and fundraising campaigns
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture
- Willing to relocate to Fargo, ND upon hire
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and three professional references to the Interim Executive Director, Cheryl Biller, at [email protected].
Please put “[Your Name] – Finance Director” in the subject line. Applications due by January 31, 2023, although the position will remain open until filled.