Communications and Digital Director
The Dem-NPL is seeking an individual with experience and skill in crafting, integrating, and disseminating an effective messaging strategy, and someone who can help reshape and elevate the brand of the Dem-NPL in this cycle and beyond.
The Communications and Digital Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Chair, legislators, and candidates to craft the party’s message for the 2021 Legislative Session and the 2022 cycle. The Communications and Digital Director will report directly to the Executive Director. The Communications and Digital Director will be responsible for:
- Working with the Executive Director, Chair, and stakeholders to develop a communications plan, strategy, and overall message for the party for the 2022 election cycle
- Working with statewide candidates and the House and Senate caucuses to develop the communications plan and coordinate with them make sure that their campaign message aligns with the party’s
- Collaborating with candidates and campaigns up and down the ticket to execute their campaign messages and communications strategy. This includes, but is not limited to: issues booklet, opposition research, media training, and coordinating earned media
- Overseeing media training for the Chair, Vice-Chair, and candidates
- Serving as the spokesperson for the party
- Writing and disseminating press releases, media advisories, statements from the Chair, and other outreach materials
- Managing the release of a weekly party newsletter
- Developing and executing an integrated digital campaign plan for the Democratic-NPL, including list building, social media, and web properties
- Generating and enhancing earned media and communications resources by networking with media throughout the state
- Creating a cohesive statewide message by writing, editing, designing, and curating content for the party’s social media accounts and the social media accounts of our local affiliates
- Managing a robust social media program which integrates our message and tracks progress and effectiveness of our effort
- Producing social media graphics and videos to elevate the party’s social media brand and messaging
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on time
- Experience with digital organizing and online fundraising
- Experience in graphic design, social media management, and strategic communications
- Basic videography and photography skills
- Willing to relocate to North Dakota upon hire
- At least 2 years of communications and/or digital experience, ideally in the political field
- Experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software
- Experience with Facebook Business Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Experience with NGP and other political fundraising and database software
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary expectations, writing sample, and three professional references, as PDF attachments, to the Executive Director, Michael Taylor, at [email protected] Please put “[Your Name] – Communication / Digital Director” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is Friday, February 12, 2021 at 5:00 pm CST, although the position will remain open until filled.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the North Dakota Democratic-NPL because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, or disability.