Part-Time Digital Director
Digital Director (Part-Time)
North Dakota Dem-NPL
The North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party is seeking an experienced, skilled, and versatile Digital Director. This role calls for an organized campaigner and a digital native — someone who is willing to work hard to authentically expand our online movement. This is a part-time position with a 10-15 hour a week commitment with the possibility of becoming full-time in the future. The Digital Director reports directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for engaging and growing our passionate community of Democrats by developing and managing the North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party’s digital strategy.
- Directing strategy and day-to-day workflow of the party’s digital programs, including social media channels, website, and more.
- Working with the communications director to develop high-quality, innovative videos, graphic and written content for social media, email, and our website, coordinating with all staff to ensure maximum quality and visibility.
- Initiating and coordinating digital communications with constituents, advocacy groups, and other private or public entities to further our online audience and brand.
- Supporting event planning, promotion, and sharing, as well as assisting with other projects as needed.
- 1-2 years (or 1 campaign cycle) experience in digital advocacy and engagement, including experience managing and executing digital strategy.
- Exceptional written communication skills, including experience learning and writing in a leader’s “voice” for the distinct formats of email, social media, website, and more.
- Familiarity with core graphic design principles and fluency with graphic design software of your choice.
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative analytics for email, social media, and website performance.
- Personal passion for Democratic Party causes and issues; enthusiasm for political campaigns; and ability to execute tasks in a team dynamic.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and learn quickly
This is a part-time position based in Bismarck, Fargo, or remote for the right candidate. Please send a cover letter, 3 references, a writing sample of your choice and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Digital Director”. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No Cold Calls please.The Democratic-NPL Party is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Dem-NPL is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.