North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party Finance Director
The Finance Director is responsible for creating and implementing an annual fundraising plan and directing the staff and State Party in all fundraising activities. They should be skilled in managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously while maintaining a sharp focus on details. They must be creative, dynamic, relentless, and unafraid to take risks. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and collaborates with the entire State Party staff and leadership team.
- Work with staff, consultants, and vendors on an aggressive fundraising strategy, including implementing an annual fundraising calendar, that comprises digital, direct mail, events, major donor, and other targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and manage strategies geared towards the donor lifecycle and journey as it relates to acquisition, on-boarding, cultivation/engagement and retention from donors acquired via all channels, especially digital.
- Work with the Party Chair, Executive Director, and compliance consultant to track income, expenses, and adjust goals, as needed.
- Reporting income and expenses for all fundraising channels weekly, monthly, and oftentimes daily.
- Direct teams of staff, interns, and volunteers in the planning and execution of events and other fundraising tactics.
- Direct the operations for yearly fundraisers, and donor appreciation events, as well as implement the yearly fundraising plan.
- Drafting fundraising and event communications, including acquiring approval from Chair, Executive Director, and elected officials, candidates, initiative campaigns, etc. This includes but is not limited to multiple weekly fundraising emails, donor reports, electoral reports, social media communications, and direct mail.
- Point of contact for guest speakers, providing briefing documents and talking points, and attending to other special requests.
- Point of contact for prospective and committed event sponsors. This includes following up on unanswered solicitations, confirming guests, and securing payment.
- Point of contact for venue management and other vendors, such as catering and audio-visual providers. This includes determining appropriate room setup orders and timed, detailed event schedules.
- Create a plan for all fundraising components of the State Convention including events and meals, securing prospective sponsors, management of volunteers during events.
- 1-2 years of campaign, state party or related fundraising experience, including time directing volunteers/staff
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including prospecting new donors through research and cold calls
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A friendly and professional member-first demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Experience in NGP-VAN is preferred but not required
- Online donation and event registration software, such as ActBlue
- Knowledge of state party campaign finance laws and regulations
- Demonstrated success in digital acquisition and fundraising campaigns
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes, and a results-oriented culture
- Willing to relocate to North Dakota upon hire
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and three professional references as PDF attachments to the Executive Director, Michael Taylor, at [email protected] Please put “[Your Name] – Finance Director” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is Friday, August 13, 2021 at 5:00 pm CST, although the position will remain open until filled.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the North Dakota Democratic-NPL because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.