North Dakota Dem-NPL
The Communications and Digital Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Chair, legislators, and candidates up and down the ballot to oversee the party’s message for the 2019 Legislative Session and the 2020 cycle. The Communications Director will report directly to the Executive Director.
The Communications Director will be responsible for:
- Working with the Executive Director, Chair, and stakeholders to develop a communications plan, strategy, and overall message for the party for the 2020 cycle
- Work with statewide candidates and the House and Senate caucuses to develop the communications plan and coordinate with them to make sure that their campaign message aligns with the party’s
- Working with candidates and campaigns up and down the ticket to execute their campaign messages and communications strategy. This includes, but is not limited to: issues booklet, opposition research, media training, and coordinating earned media
- Oversee media training for the Chair, Vice-Chair, and candidates
- Serve as the spokesperson for the party
- Draft press releases for the party
- Manage the release of the daily press clips and monthly newsletter
- Manage and develop an integrated digital campaign plan for the Democratic-NPL, including fundraising/list building emails, social media, and web properties.
- Write, edit, and design content for the party’s email list. Segment lists, test approaches, and use best practices to raise money, mobilize volunteers, and help elect candidates up and down the ticket
- Generate and enhance earned media and communications resources. Create a cohesive statewide message by writing, editing, designing, and curating content for the party’s social media accounts and the social media accounts of our local affiliates
- Develop and manage a robust social media program which integrates our message and tracks progress and effectiveness of our effort. Write and disseminate press releases, media advisories, statements from the Chair, and other outreach materials
- Create social media graphics and videos to elevate the party’s social media brand and messaging
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with email and digital organizing, communications, and online fundraising.
- Experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software preferred.
- Experience in graphic design, social media management, and strategic communications.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on time.
- Basic videography and photography skills preferred.
- Experience with NGP and Blue State Digital, preferred.
- Willing to relocate to North Dakota upon hire 1-3 years of communications and/or digital experience, ideally in the political field.
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements writing sample, and three professional references as PDF attachments to Kylie Oversen, Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Your Name- Digital Director” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is September 15, 2019 at 5:00 pm CST, although the position will remain open until filled.
The Democratic-NPL Party is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The Dem-NPL is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.