North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party Communications and Digital Director
The Communications and Digital Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Chair, legislators, and candidates up and down the ballot to oversee the party’s message for the 2021 Legislative Session and the 2022 cycle. The Communications and Digital Director will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Working with the Executive Director, Chair, and stakeholders to develop a communications plan, strategy, and overall message for the party for the 2022 election cycle.
- Working with statewide candidates and the House and Senate caucuses to develop the communications plan and coordinate with them make sure that their campaign message aligns with the party’s.
- Collaborating with candidates and campaigns up and down the ticket to execute their campaign messages and communications strategy. This includes, but is not limited to: issues booklet, opposition research, media training, and coordinating earned media.
- Overseeing media training for the Chair, Vice-Chair, and candidates
- Serving as the spokesperson for the party
- Writing and disseminating press releases, media advisories, statements from the Chair, and other outreach materials
- Managing the release of the weekly Newsletter
- Developing and executing an integrated digital campaign plan for the Democratic-NPL, including list building, social media, and web properties.
- Generating and enhancing earned media and communications resources by networking with media throughout the state.
- Creating a cohesive statewide message by writing, editing, designing, and curating content for the party’s social media accounts and the social media accounts of our local affiliates.
- Managing a robust social media program which integrates our message and tracks progress and effectiveness of our effort.
- Producing social media graphics and videos to elevate the party’s social media brand and messaging.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with email and digital organizing, communications, and online fundraising
- Experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software, preferred
- Experience in graphic design, social media management, and strategic communications
- Experience with Facebook Business Suite, preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML and WordPress, preferred
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects and finishing tasks on time
- Basic videography and photography skills
- Experience with NGP, preferred
- 1-3 years of communications and/or digital experience, ideally in the political field
- Willing to relocate to North Dakota upon hire
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and three professional references as PDF attachments to the Executive Director, Michael Taylor, at [email protected] Please put “[Your Name] – Communication / Digital Director” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is Friday, August 13, 2021 at 5:00 pm CST, although the position will remain open until filled.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the North Dakota Democratic-NPL because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.