North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party Caucus Director
The Caucus Director will work closely with the Executive Director, Caucus Leadership, and legislative candidates in preparation for, and throughout, the 2022 election cycle. The Caucus Director will report directly to the Executive Director and Caucus Leadership and collaborate with the entire State Party staff and leadership team.
- Work with Caucus Leadership and local Democratic-NPL parties to recruit legislative candidates for all seats up in 2022
- In coordination with the Executive Director, Chair, and Caucus Leadership, create a strategic plan and election map for 2022
- Create a fundraising plan and budget for the House and Senate Caucus, incumbent legislators, and new legislative candidates
- Manage the Dem-NPL Caucus Facebook and Twitter social media pages.
- Update and distribute the “2022 Candidate Manual” to legislative candidates
- Ensure candidates have campaign infrastructure set up, such as: social media, ActBlue, staff, bank and campaign accounts, and all other necessary paperwork
- Work directly with legislators on event planning for the purposes of fundraising, canvassing, and voter engagement
- Interact with vendors, consultants, and candidates to execute strategic voter outreach through mediums such as mail, digital, and television
- Meet weekly with Caucus Leadership and candidates to discuss progress on all facets of the 2022 election, including fundraising, canvassing, volunteer recruitment, events, and more.
- Assist candidates with campaign finance reporting to the Secretary of State
- State Party point of contact for all questions from legislators or candidates
- In lead up to GOTV, help ensure that all candidates know and have a working relationship with coordinated campaign (field) staff
- Minimum 1-2 years of election experience. Direct work with legislative candidates and/or legislators, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Unphased by making upwards of 20 calls/day to prospective candidates, legislators and stakeholders
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment that often requires juggling multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to adapt from candidate recruitment to campaigning during the 2022 election
- Experience with social media tools, VoteBuilder, and fundraising, preferred
- Willing to relocate to North Dakota upon hire
How to Apply:
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please send a resume, cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and three professional references as PDF attachments to the Executive Director, Michael Taylor, at [email protected] Please put “[Your Name] – Caucus Director” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is Friday, August 13, 2021 at 5:00 pm CST, although the position will remain open until filled.
No person shall be discriminated against in seeking employment with the North Dakota Democratic-NPL because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, sexual orientation, economic status or disability.