POSITION TITLE: Summer Organizer
REPORTS TO: Dem-NPL Executive Director
DESCRIPTION: Our Summer Organizer will implement our statewide grassroots organizing initiative. Between now and September, our field program will be crucial for building our activist and volunteer base, improve and grow our data program, engage with rural North Dakotans, and work to empower local communities to deliver Dem-NPL victories. We are looking for a passionate hardworking individual who is committed to helping elect North Dakota Democrats.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
- Connect with district organizations to increase organizing and outreach efforts;
- Provide trainings and support for essential aspects of organizing through effective use of VoteBuilder, canvassing, and event planning;
- Help to coordinate regular social and educational events and small-dollar fundraisers;
- Create regular and ongoing volunteer opportunities through letter writing campaigns, and by coordinating regular canvassing work in all major cities;
- Work with rural districts to increase canvassing capacity and digital outreach;
- Identify and connect with both established and emerging local progressive organizations;
- Conduct brief surveys of the existing data landscape in each district and ensure all district chairs are trained in the use of VoteBuilder;
- Coordinate canvassing activities in each district by empowering local district and regional organizations to set and complete personalized canvassing goals;
- Utilize training and organizing activities to better connect with voters in rural districts;
- Increase training on digital organizing and outreach;
- Connect with organizations that have existing networks in rural areas to improve and streamline the Dem-NPL’s efforts;
- Work with legislative leaders to ensure districts without Dem-NPL representation have access to and engagement with our elected officials;
- Utilize digital outreach opportunities to ensure activists in rural areas can easily connect with Dem-NPL training, social media, and other activities in urban areas.
- Enthusiasm for Dem-NPL politics;
- Relationship-building and volunteer management experience;
- Working knowledge of and experience with VAN is desired, but not required;
- Strong communications and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks;
- Experience organizing and executing successful, engaging trainings is desired, but not required;
- Deadline and results-driven leader;
- Ability to work effectively with regional and local leaders;
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours;
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
This position is full-time, temporary, and salaried (includes health insurance).
TO APPLY: Please submit an email with the subject line “Summer Organizer” with your one-page resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Dem-NPL Party Executive Director Robert Haider at email@example.com. No cold calls please. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The North Dakota Democratic-NPL Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.